A viable startup business in 7 days … sound too good to be true?
Dan Norris is the co-founder of WP Curve, a service that offers unlimited 24/7 WordPress support for small jobs for $79 per month. He went from idea to paying customers in less than 7 days.
Indeed, we saw just last week how Cassandre went from an idea to legitimate customer inquiries within only a couple hours. These rapid-launch business ideas DO exist; it’s just a matter of coming up with an offer that you can deliver and that customers really value.
Based on his experience, Dan penned the bestselling book The 7 Day Startup, and stopped by The Side Hustle Show to share some of his insights.
I’ve been following along w/ Dan’s journey for a few years; before WP Curve existed he was working on a failed startup called Informly. It was a dashboard software service for entrepreneurs. Everyone told him it was a good idea, but no one paid for it, and he was bleeding money every month.
Faced with the terrifying reality of having to get a real job again, he came up with the WordPress support business. Two years later, the business is currently at a $74k monthly run rate.
- LeadPages. Join through my affiliate link and I’ll send you the step-by-step process I use the software for.
- Dan’s business idea-generating framework.
- Why he says validation is overrated.
- Why he says the traditional advice to “niche down” is suicide for long-term growth.
- How effective content marketing can propel your business to new heights with almost no marketing budget.
- What it means to create content for a community rather than just a customer.
- Several examples of “7 Day Startup” businesses.
- Dan’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
The 9 Elements of a Great Bootstrapped Business Idea
- Enjoyable daily tasks
- Product/founder fit
- Scalable business model
- Can operate without you
- Turns into a sellable asset
- Taps into a BIG market (the Piggyback Principle)
- Tap into pain or pleasure differentiators
- Unique lead generation advantage
- Ability to launch quickly
“Solve problems where people are ALREADY paying for solutions.” – @thedannorris <– click to tweet!
- WP Curve
- The 7 Day Startup
- Content Machine
- Black Hops Brewing
- Chris Ducker
- Copywriter Today
- Design Pickle
- ABCD Impact (Now WP Mastery)
- WP Amplify | Founder Ryan Cote on The Side Hustle Show
- Sean Marshall on The Side Hustle Show
What do you think? Think you could use Dan’s startup principles to get your side hustle off the ground in the next week?