In Episode 27 of The Side Hustle Show, Jonathan Shank and I geek out over outsourcing, microsourcing, and crowdsourcing for side hustlers. This is an action-packed episode with some high-value takeaways for everyone looking to get started with outsourcing.
- Why side hustlers should consider outsourcing.
- Outsourcing as an investment in the business, rather than a cost.
- The broad range of jobs other people can do for your.
- Jonathan’s A.P.P.L.E. method of outsourcing.
- How to craft your job description to set yourself up for success.
- How to screen the candidates, and when you might consider someone with limited feedback ratings.
- Why “grade inflation” is inherent on Elance and oDesk and the red flags to look for.
- Why you should “do it yourself” first (if possible) before hiring someone else.
- One smart strategy that I screwed up on during my outsourced writing project.
- The websites, tools, and resources to leverage your time and money to make something happen.
- Virtual Staff Finder
- Fancy Hands (half of your first month w/ this link)
- My Tasker
- Jing (free screen capture software)
- Tweaky (out of business)
- WP Curve
Be sure to check out Jonathan at Facebook.com/TheOutsourceGuy and YourFirstVirtualAssistant.com (no longer active). If you have any questions or comments about outsourcing, virtual assistants, or our conversation in general, please drop a note in the comments below.