Before people can do business with you, they have to know about you, and before they know about you, they have to find you.
And that’s universal, whether you’re running a brick-and-mortar shop, an ecommerce store, a blog, or a virtual consulting business.
Neil Patel is a master at solving the first step in that equation: getting people to find you. Through SEO, content marketing, and social media, we go through the traffic generation tactics that are working today.
Neil runs a handful of online projects, including NeilPatel.com, QuickSprout.com, and the heatmap software tool CrazyEgg.com. His latest project is a book called HUSTLE (a title I can definitely get behind), due out in September and all about how you can (and must) make your own luck in an economy rigged against you.
This episode is all about how new and experienced content creators can get more visitors to their work.
Don’t have a blog yet? My free blogging course shows you step-by-step how to get started.
Free PDF Download:
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Freshbooks.com – Start your 30-day free trial today!
- Neil’s validation process for a new project (hint: it’s shorter than you might think).
- Whether you should think business model first or audience first.
- If there’s such a thing as too competitive or crowded a niche.
- The types of content he sees as “accelerator” pieces to fast-track your attention, traffic, and growth.
- The costly mistake he sees too many new bloggers making.
- How to use the Google Search Console to unlock more free traffic.
- One surprising way to get more engagement from your Facebook posts.
- How he landed TechCrunch as a client.
- Neil’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Hustle: The Power to Charge Your Life with Money, Meaning, and Momentum
- 150+ Ways to Make Extra Money in Your Spare Time
- What Happens When You Post “Epic” Content? My Traffic, Income, and Subscriber Results
- Bailey Richert on The Side Hustle Show
- Google Search Console
- How to Drive Massive Traffic with Pinterest
- The Pinterest Traffic Experiment
Free PDF Download: