Teaching online is a fantastic way to earn money from your experience, skills, and expertise — and everyone’s an expert in something, right?
This week on the show I’ve got an inspiring and action-packed episode with Phil Ebiner, who’s someone I’ve been watching from afar the last year or so.
Phil’s built up a HUGE library of more than 50 online courses and teaches more than 130,000 students. While he now focuses on his business full-time, he hit the 6-figure income mark before leaving his day job.
In this episode we chat about how he comes up with course ideas, how he structures his content, and he markets his material, along of course with the tech he uses to get it all done.
On a personal note, my Udemy course has turned into a nice passive income stream, earning $300-600 per month on autopilot. If I were smarter, I’d work on building out my portfolio of courses!
Free PDF Download:
- Teachable – Join the free live training: 7 Steps to Launch Your Own Online Course in the Next 30 days.
- How Phil’s first $62 in income from teaching online hooked him on the business model.
- How to come up with ideas on potential courses you can teach.
- How Phil outlines and structures each course.
- The tools and software he uses to create his courses.
- Why Udemy is such a powerful platform for people without an audience.
- How each course turns into a “little passive income asset.”
- How Phil is building his own list and platform with the help of Udemy and his “Bonus Lecture” strategy.
- How he recommends launching and marketing a course for both new and experienced instructors.
- Phil’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Phil’s instructor page on Udemy with all his courses
- His free “Udemy Success” course
- His premium “Udemy Success” course (Use code HUSTLE19 to get it for just $19; more than 90% off; affiliate link)
- Udemy Studio Facebook group
- Logitech c920 webcam <– I bought this one last year too and love it.
- Finding Your Slight Edge
Free PDF Download: