In this edition of The Side Hustle Show, I’m joined by Side Hustle Nation member Melanie Ida Chopko. Melanie has an awesome side hustle story to share about her journey as a freelance artist (a visual facilitator), bringing ideas to life with beautiful visuals in real-time.
Listen and Learn
- Melanie’s awesome strategy for connecting with mentors.
- How to exercise your atrophied creative muscles.
- Why you may be targeting the wrong customers (and how to find the right ones).
- How to build a portfolio and generate referral business.
- The habit of doing the work, whether paid or not.
Join the Free 5-Day $500 Challenge. I'll show you step-by-step how to add $500 to your bottom line.
Links and Resources
- What Color is Your Parachute?
- Orbiting the Giant Hairball
- The Side Hustle Show w/ Kai Davis
- The Side Hustle Show w/ Jeremy Blanchard
- Google Streak
- International Forum for Visual Practitioners
Check out some of Melanie’s visual facilitation work at NotesinPictures.com, and her music here. As mentioned during the show, you can also find her side hustle business on Facebook.
What do you think?
2 thoughts on “13: Selling Your Artistic Side Hustle, with Melanie Ida Chopko”
Also, check out Streak for a gmail plugin that serves as a CRM. It’s incredible for managing prospects, sales, relationships, and anything that moves through stages. http://www.streak.com/
This is certainly one of those very unique occupations. I personally enjoy seeing graphic illustrations especially with complex topics. Her website has some excellent examples of her illustrations.