Kim Palmer stopped by The Side Hustle Show this week to talk about her various side hustles and how you can get started. As the author of The Economy of You: Discover Your Inner Entrepreneur and Recession-Proof Your Life, Kim has connected with dozens of part-time entrepreneurs and is one of the biggest advocates for having a “side gig” as part of your financial backup plan.
While her earnings remain modest, she enjoys the benefit of having a creative outlet, practicing marketing, and making some money outside of her day job.
On top of that, Kim hustled her way into two book deals and the recognition of being a published author has led to some interesting (and income-producing) opportunities.
- The common traits of the most successful side-hustlers in The Economy of You.
- Why Kim decided to start a side hustle even though she loves her job.
- How she got the idea for what she could sell.
- Best practices for opening an Etsy shop that makes passive income.
- Her marketing tactics that drive traffic and customers to her shop.
- How she landed her two book deals.
- Kim’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
- Kim’s blog: ByKimberlyPalmer.com
- Kim on Twitter: @AlphaConsumer
- The Economy of You
- Generation Earn
- Kim’s Etsy shop
- Non-Fiction Book Proposals Anyone Can Write
- Media Bistro
What could you sell on Etsy? I put a couple of my books up there, but haven’t generated any sales yet … I think it’s because I haven’t done any marketing and the aesthetics aren’t amazing for the audience.
And how about the guts to go out and pitch agents on your book idea. Never even considered that! Hmm, time to brainstorm a new book project!