When I first started The Side Hustle Show, I knew I wanted to feature success stories from a number of different marketplaces.
I’d say there have been a few themes that have emerged on the podcast since then, and one is definitely to “go where the buyers are” and take advantage of these pre-built marketplaces instead of blazing your own trail.
To this day, it remains the most downloaded episode of the show (though Andy Slamans and the Amazon private labeling business is giving him a run for his money lately!).
That episode convinced me to give Fiverr a shot as a seller myself, and it’s turned into a fun side hustle income stream. In fact, a couple weeks ago I was promoted to Top-Rated Seller myself … I have a sneaking suspicion my then-upcoming call w/ Anarcho (aka Mark) might have had something to do with it.
Since we last spoke, Fiverr has implemented a bunch of changes, including the option to create custom quotes up to $10,000.
Yes, you can now make a sale of up to $10,000 on Fiverr, the platform that started out with everything for a fixed price of $5.
And Mark was the first to make that $10k deal, taking a buyer from $5 to 5-figures:
“It’s easier to take a customer from $5 to five-figures than it is to take someone from $0 to $1.” << Click to Tweet!
Note: Fiverr recently opened up Custom Quotes to Level 1 Sellers as well, not just Level 2 and above as noted in the call.
Ready, let’s listen in!
Free PDF Download:
- Fiverr: First-time customers get a free gig!
- The story behind the $10k Fiverr sale.
- How sellers of non-visual gigs are allowed a PDF “portfolio” document that can be used to address FAQs and pre-sell a customer.
- Mark’s recommendations on what kind of gigs you can sell, and how to set them up for success in terms of traffic and orders.
- A quick hack for getting a critical mass of new customers and social proof to your gigs.
- How Mark is delivering his base gigs (not PDF files anymore).
- How the custom quote feature has helped double his average order value since we last spoke.
- How I’m maximizing positive reviews under the new 5-star rating system.
- The pros and cons of the new Fiverr Anywhere program.
- The 4 P’s of doing business, not just on Fiverr.
- Mark’s #1 tip for Side Hustle Nation.
Free PDF Download: