It’s time to dive into the ol’ listener mailbag and answer a few questions in this week’s edition of The Side Hustle Show.
I’ve had quite a few interesting questions come in since the last Q&A episode, and picked 20 to talk through in today’s show.
Like this format? This is the 6th installment of “20 Questions” so feel free to go back and binge on the older ones too:
- 271: Brilliant Blogging, Ruthless Productivity, and Guaranteed Success: 20 Questions with Nick
- 245: Network Marketing, Imposter Syndrome, My Side Hustle Mistakes, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 219: Growing Traffic, Monetization, List-Building, a Day in the Life, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 198: Blogging, Branding, Book Writing, and Finding the Right Side Hustle for You: 20 Questions with Nick
- 181: SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
A common piece of advice you’ll hear is to take audience questions and turn them into content, so here’s a meta example of that in action.
This episode covers questions on conferences, affiliate marketing, ebooks, staying motivated and organized, and even bulletproof coffee.
Tune in to hear my responses to those questions and a dozen more below.
Subscribe to The Side Hustle Show on Apple Podcasts!
Subscribe to The Side Hustle Show on Google Podcasts!
Subscribe to The Side Hustle Show via RSS!
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Blinkist – Start your free trial or get 3 months off an annual plan and get instant access to 2000+ bestselling book summaries.
- DesignCrowd.com – Save up to $100 on your next design project!
- How do you stay motivated?
- Are ebooks still a good side hustle?
- How do you manage a large/diverse work-load?
- What’s in it for you? How do YOU make money sharing this information?
- What side hustles pay $40k a year in 10 hours a week?
- Product first or audience first?
- Will Instagram suffice for starting a blog?
- What software do you use to build landing pages?
- What are the top platforms to make side hustle money on today?
- How do you track your side hustle spending and earnings?
- Should I sell on my own website first or on an established marketplace?
- How you organize your various email accounts.
- How do I ask my Udemy students to change their review?
- Is Clickbank a scam?
- How do you handle Facebook friend requests from your side hustle page/group?
- What plugin/application do you use to list all of your podcasts on your blog?
- What would you ask a very successful local business person?
- Is FinCon worth it?
- WordPress is driving me crazy. I’m thinking about switching to a drag and drop platform like Wix or Weebly. Pros/cons?
- Bulletproof coffee — you’re a fan?
Links and Resources
- The Side Hustle Nation Facebook group
- The Journey is the Destination
- Steve Scott on The Side Hustle Show
- Rosemarie Groner on Blogging ROI
- Work Less, Make More by James Schramko
- Thrive Architect
- Amazon FBA: Retail Arbitrage | Private Label | Wholesale
- Merch by Amazon
- Kindle Publishing
- Beaver Builder
- Apply for an EIN online
- Kara Lamerato on The Side Hustle Show
- John Corcoran on The Side Hustle Show
- TablePress plugin (what I’m using for podcast archives)
- 12 Ways to Save Money on Conferences
- WP Fix It
- Fiverr | The 35 Best Fiverr Gigs
- Wordfence (WordPress Plugin)
- Shield plugin
- Bulletproof coffee
- “Brain Octane” MCT oil
- The Bulletproof Diet
Is there a topic you’d like to hear covered on the show? Is there a guest I absolutely NEED to have on?
What can I do to serve you better in the coming months?
4 thoughts on “291: Email, Ebooks, Platforms, and Conferences: 20 Questions with Nick”
I have listened to your podcast for almost two years now. I played this episode this morning, and was hoping I would find the book you had mentioned, Work Less, Make More (cause I forgot it) and you did – here in this blog! I love how resourceful your podcast and blogs are — thank you for helping me achieve the things in life that I want.
Thanks for tuning in Crystal! This makes my day!
Hi Nick, I’m so grateful to have been in the podcast workshop a couple years ago at the Podcast Movement where you were one of the esteemed guest panelists. It’s so funny because I was at the beginning of a journey I didn’t know I was on at the time (in terms of a big career change and lifestyle change to living on a sailboat) and, because of your approachable presence and shared knowledge, I decided to follow up and listen to your podcast. It was (or so I thought) completely out of the realm of stuff I’d normally listen to, but I have to say, I’m an avid podcast listener—from ones about unsolved murder cases or about the arts (my husband and I are artists and now working remotely in tech), and now also a fan of podcasts about building successful businesses (online, creative, etc.). And I have to say that your podcast is one of the few I keep up with regularly and find a TON of valuable content in every episode. It’s so impressive and I’m really grateful for the time you put into helping the SHN community, so thank you! I inevitably come home and end up talking about the episode with my husband or friends too. I really like the mix of inspiring stories, along with just solid, practical advice (like applying for an EIN online!). Your podcast has played a large part in us taking a leap and starting our own adventure in terms of starting our own online business. :) We hope to be as helpful to our community as you continue to do for all of us listening and reading! I have several bookmarks open (thanks to your show notes) and am about to do some homework, like making sure our site has better security with the plugins you suggested for starters. Thanks for all the guidance!
Thanks Esther! This makes my day!