It’s time to dive into the ol’ listener mailbag and answer a few questions in this week’s edition of The Side Hustle Show.
I’ve had quite a few interesting questions come in since the last Q&A episode, and picked 20 to talk through in today’s show.
Like this format? This is the 8th installment of “20 Questions” so feel free to go back and binge on the older ones too:
- 320: Multiplying Money, Morning Routines, and $100k Side Hustles: 20 Questions with Nick
- 291: Email, Ebooks, Platforms, and Conferences: 20 Questions with Nick
- 271: Brilliant Blogging, Ruthless Productivity, and Guaranteed Success: 20 Questions with Nick
- 245: Network Marketing, Imposter Syndrome, My Side Hustle Mistakes, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 219: Growing Traffic, Monetization, List-Building, a Day in the Life, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
- 198: Blogging, Branding, Book Writing, and Finding the Right Side Hustle for You: 20 Questions with Nick
- 181: SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Self-Publishing, Udemy, and More: 20 Questions with Nick
A common piece of advice you’ll hear is to take audience questions and turn them into content, so here’s a meta example of that in action.
This episode covers the dark side of side hustling, beanie babies, affiliate marketing, and much more.
Or use the player app above to listen right in your browser.
- Skillshare – Get two months of unlimited access to 28,000+ Skillshare courses free!
- Blinkist – Start your free trial or get 3 months off an annual plan and get instant access to 3000+ bestselling book summaries.
- What’s your take on The Con of The Side Hustle?
- How is your Alexa skill, The Money Making Minute, doing?
- Who edits your show and how do you let them know which sections to cut?
- Does claiming a domain name automatically trademark it?
- Why don’t people like network marketing?
- Do I have to pay taxes on that?
- How do you keep the spark alive in a side hustle?
- Are you planning to update your books?
- What are the best zero investment business opportunities?
- When should I start adding affiliate links to my website?
- How much content should I have on my site before I “go live”?
- Why Teachable? (Join the interest list for my new course!)
- Should I sell my Beanie Babies?
- What one habit contributed most to your success?
- How do you differentiate between blog content and newsletter content?
- Why does Merch by Amazon require my bank account and social security info?
- How can I create a Google My Business page without showing my actual address?
- What categories should I select for my book?
- How have you applied the 80/20 rule to earn more and work less?
- What’s the going rate for proofreading/editing?
- What are your favorite affiliate programs?
Apparently I can’t count and got a bonus question in there!
Links and Resources
- The Con of The Side Hustle
- The Official Side Hustle Nation Facebook Group
- Starting an Alexa Skill
- The Money Making Minute
- Podcast Fast Track
- My Podcast Production Process – Start to Finish
- Network Marketing on Last Week Tonight
- Kellie Gimenez on The Side Hustle Show (2014)
- Network Marketing failure rates
- Greg Hickman on The Side Hustle Show
- The Small Business Website Checklist
- Virtual Assistant Assistant
- The Progress Journal | 5 Ways to Be More Effective Every Day
- Join the interest list for my new course!
- Ankur Nagpal on The Side Hustle Show
- ActiveCampaign | My full ActiveCampaign review and demo
- Merch by Amazon
- Low Content Publishing
- Abbey Ashley on The Side Hustle Show | Abbey’s free training on becoming a virtual assistant
- Respondent.io | My full Respondent review
- Pay Less Taxes: Tax Tips for Entrepreneurs and Side Hustlers